Solaris Express Developer Edition 1/08
There is a new Solaris Express Developer Edition. The 1/08 release has some nice new features:
- Solaris (Solaris Express Community Edition build 79b)
- Sun xVM Server - provides virtual machine technology derived from the Xen open source community work that supports running Windows, Linux, Solaris guest operating systems on a Solaris Express Developer Edition server.
- CIFS Server - a native, kernel-based service supporting integrated file sharing in Microsoft Windows networks.
- Solaris Installer- 3 clicks minimum to upgrade, 6 screens for full install. Automatic provisioning for the use of Solaris Live Upgrade if Solaris is given at least 21GB of disk.
- Web applications stack (Apache 2.2.6, MySQL 5.0.45, PHP 5.2.4,
PostgreSQL 8.2.5, Ruby 1.8.6, Squid 2.6 etc.)
- ... and much more
You can download it on the Sun website .