Oracle´s presentation about the Sun acquisition
Before speculating to much about the deal i suggest a short view in the presentation “Oracle Buys Sun” provided by Oracle. Some key sentences from my perspective:
- Expected to deliver an integrated system, from applications to disk, optimized for higher performance, improved reliability and enhanced security
- "Optimize Solaris and Oracle for better performance, reliability, and manageability"
- "Protects massive customer investment in SPARC"
- "Open Storage built with industry standard servers and components" - hey, just as an idea ... Oracle as a dataservice ?
- "Sustain Solaris as an industry standard OS for Oracle software"
- "Continue Open Storage and Systems focus and innovation"
There is a FAQ document, too.