Logical Domains 1.1
The developers of LDOMs gave the users of the T1 and T2(+) based system a nice christmas present: The 1.1 version of the LDOMs. This update provides some interesting new features:
- a new XML based interface to manage Logical Domains
- "Guest Domain Migration provides the capability to migrate a guest logical domain from one server to another compatible server. If active, the domain on the source server is suspended, and its configuration and run-time state are transferred to another server, where the domain is recreated and resumed."
- Virtual Input/Output (I/O) Dynamic Reconfiguration (DR) provides the ability to add and remove virtual I/O services and devices without rebooting
- Enhanced Networking subsystem
- "Network Interface Unit (NIU) Hybrid I/O provides support for a virtualized I/O path, a hybrid I/O path, and better performance and scalability. "
- "VLAN Support provides the capability to configure and use virtual local area networks (VLANs) in logical domains"
- Enhanced Storage subsystem
- Virtual Disk Failover adds support for disk multipathing
- Single-Slice Disk Enhancement allows installing the Solaris OS on a single-slice disk.
- New and Changed CLI ldm Subcommands
You can download the new version of LDoms at at the Sun website.